New entrepreneurs can receive a start-up grant for the estimated duration of the starting and establishing of the business operations. The Tampere Region TE Office experts (site in Finnish) can provide more information. Contact Jarmo Lepistö (tel. +358 295 045 649, jarmo.lepisto(at)te-toimisto.fi).
The Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment of Pirkanmaa awards the following grants:
- Company development allowance (site in Finnish)
- Rural enterprise financing (site in Finnish)
- Energy support (site in Finnish)
- Operating environment development allowance (site in Finnish)
For information contact +358 295 036 000.
Tekes offers the following financing models. Fill in the form "Test your service need" on the Tekes website − an expert will contact you and advise you on applying for suitable funding:
- Tempo funding to accelerate the early-stage growth of startups aiming to enter the export markets
- Young innovative companies funding to finance the international development and growth of promising young companies
- Into funding to develop innovation expertise in support of international growth of SMEs
- Digiboost funding to hire digitalisation experts
- Kiito funding to support international growth
- There are several funding options for pilots and company development
- There are different funding options for joint international trade fair projects and joint export projects by SMEs.
Companies aiming for the Russian market can apply for a Ministry of Employment and the Economy grant for SME internationalisation projects in Russia. The grant is awarded to SMEs operating in Finland that are estimated to have sufficient resources to execute the pending investment in Russia, or to an investigation or development project for which a good project plan that meets the application instructions has been prepared. The grant is applied for through Finnvera. Read the detailed application instructions and contact the Finnvera financing counsellors.
Companies located at rural areas may apply for financing from the Leader financing programme of the Kantri ry association. Financing is awarded to starting a company, making investments or carrying out feasibility studies on investments. For more information, please contact Kari Kylkilahti, tel. +358 400 707 1470, info(at)kantriry.fi. Some information in English also on Kantri’s website.